In the next instalment of our series of blogs about the Rockett St George book, Extraordinary Interiors, we will be taking on Chapter 2! Exploring some of the key points of the chapter as well as looking at the inspirational home of Shelley Carline, keep on reading for a sneak peek at what Chapter 2 is all about!
Chapter 2 – Take Inspiration (From Everywhere)
Chapter 2 is when the FUN really begins! All about taking inspiration, Jane and Lucy show you how to get your creative juices flowing in this chapter by taking inspiration from travel and other resources around you.
5 Key Takeaways
- Travel – For Jane and Lucy this is the most inspiration activity there is. Not only does travel give you time away from the day-to-day distractions, but it’s often a feast for the senses that other cultures provide. Soak it all in and then choose carefully how you are going to incorporate this into your home.
- Hotels & Restaurants – Think about your favourite restaurants. What is it about the interiors that you love so much / makes it so welcoming and try and incorporate it into your interiors.
- Pinterest – Create mood boards on Pinterest with your favourite images and refer to it when you are making decisions on rugs, tiles, fittings, lights and so on.
- Instagram – A quick fix for the creative mind, Jane and Lucy suggest curating a collection of people who inspire you and follow them on Instagram for daily inspiration.
- History – Don’t forget history! Delve into a few period dramas and identify trends and looks that you want to incorporate into your home.
Inspirational Home: Shelley Carline
Shelley Carline has a way with space. Transforming her 1980s property into an interiors extraordinaire, Shelley’s home is curated from top to bottom with luxe dark walls, vintage pieces, quirky ornaments and lighting and breathtaking artwork.
Here are some images of Shelley’s beautiful home…
Shelley’s vintage apothecary cabinet that looks just as stunning in real life as it does in the photo! As featured in Rockett St George: Extraordinary Interiors (Ryland Peters & Small, £19.99) Photography by Debi Treloar.
Shelley’s kitchen as featured in Rockett St George: Extraordinary Interiors (Ryland Peters & Small, £19.99). Photography by Debi Treloar.
Shelley’s beautiful living space – would you look at those gorgeous blue walls! As featured in Rockett St George: Extraordinary Interiors(Ryland Peters & Small, £19.99) Photography by Debi Treloar
Shelley has mastered the picture wall display, which is beautifully complemented with eclectic accessories collected over the years as featured in Rockett St George: Extraordinary Interiors (Ryland Peters & Small, £19.99) Photography by Debi Treloar.
Shelley’s amazing entrance hall as featured in Rockett St George: Extraordinary Interiors (Ryland Peters & Small, £19.99). Photography by Debi Treloar.
1.Texas Cactus Vase £39.00 2. Handmade Concrete Tile – Black And White Star Design £6.80 3. Genuine Icelandic Long Wool Sheepskin – Taupe £95.00 4. Black Rattan Hanging Chair £235.00 5. OK Unframed Art Print By B Bredenbekk £54.00 6. Eloise Statue Planter £79.00 7. Vintage Metal Star – Black £39.00 8. Canyon Cowhide Stool £150.00
Want to know more about the amazing Shelley?! Check out her 10 Mins With Blog here.
For more on how to create a show-stopping home, get your copy of the RSG book by clicking on the image below…